The conference will be held at the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Faculty of Science, University of Porto
Rua do Campo Alegre, 4169-007 Porto
(See below how to reach Medicta2023 conference venue)
How to reach Porto
If you are arriving by air, land at Francisco Sá Carneiro Airport, which is located about 17 kilometers northwest of Porto’s city center.
From the airport, you have several options to reach Medicta Conference and city center. Depending on the means of transportation used and traffic conditions, travel time may vary between 20 and 40 minutes.
- By Metro: The airport has a metro station connected to Line E (Violet Line). Line E provides convenient transportation options for reaching both the Casa da Música station (close to the Medicta2023 conference venue) and the Bolhão station (located in the the heart of Porto’s city center). Line E, in Violet color, runs every 20 or 30 minutes, depending on the time of day and day of the week.
When purchasing your metro ticket (Andante), it is important to consider the zones you plan to travel through. The ticket should cover all the zones you will pass during your journey. The duration of the ticket, whether it’s a single trip or a day pass, will depend on the zones included. The Andante tickets (price per ticket = 0.60€) are rechargeable with any kind of travel title. Make sure to check the zones you will be traveling through and select the appropriate Andante ticket accordingly. This will ensure that you have a valid ticket for the duration of your intended journey within the specified zones.
>>The Andant ticket it is also valid in the SCTP Buses.
Examples for the single trip ticket (Andante Azul):
1) from the airport to Casa da Música, you need fo purchase a Z4 single ticked (Andante Azul). The cost of this ticket is 2.15€, and once you validate it in the machines, it will be valid for a duration of 1 hour and 15 minutes.
2) from Casa da Música to Bolhão, you need a Z2 single ticket. The cost of this ticket is 1.30€, and its duration is 1 hour from the moment of validation.
- By Bus: The airport has a bus stop – Aeroporto.
Daytime and night network:
>Line 601 (Airport-Cordoaria– via Mar Shopping): This route is in operation between 5h30 and 00h30 (timetables vary according to season). Services are scheduled on a 25-minute frequency approx.
Note that Boavista – Bom Sucesso Bus Stop (code 1BS2) is near Medicta2023 Conference and Cordoaria Bus Stop (code CORD3) is near the city center.
>Line 602 (Airport –Cordoaria – via Padrão de Moreira):
This route is operating between 5h30 and 00h30 (timetables change from season to season). Services are running on a 25-minute frequency approx.
Note that Cordoaria Bus Stop (code CORD1) is near the city center.
Late night network
>3M Line (Av. Aliados – Airport): This line is operating between 00h30 and 05h30. Service runs on a 60-minute frequency.
Note that Av. Aliados Bus Stop (code 1AL2) is near the city center.
- By Shuttle: At the airport you have at your service a wide range of shuttles making connections to the city centre and to many locations in the outskirts of Porto.
- By Taxi: Taxis are available outside the airport terminal. Taxis circulate 24/7 all throughout the city, and are always available at taxi ranks. You can take a Taxi are very safe in Portugal. Taxi from the airport to the city center (~20 km). Most of the taxi drivers can easily understand English. Depending on the traffic, the cost of the Taxi from the airport to the city center can range from 25 to 40 €.
- By Uber: Uber’s service in Portugal is safe and very efficient. Depending on the traffic, the cost of the Uber ‘s service from the airport to the city center can range from 25 to 40 €.
How ro reach Medicta2023 Conference venue
To access the building of the conference Medicta2023 from the main street, Rua do Campo Alegre or Via Panorâmica, there are three possibilities:
The bus stops close to the Medicta2023 conference venue are: Planetário and Gólgota. Using the name of these stops, you can search for the most convenient lines for your journey in STCP.
The nearest metro station to the Medicta 2023 conference is Casa da Música. The distance from the Casa da Música metro station to the conference is approximately 1.8 km. The journey on foot takes about 22 minutes. Alternatively, you can take a bus from the Casa da Música metro station to the conference venue. Here are some bus options: 204/209 (get off at the Planetário bus stop) or 902/903 (get off at the Gólgota bus stop).
Some beauties of the city of Porto from which you can enjoy
(All photos presented below were provided by official Porto Tourism Portal, Porto, Portugal (Daniel Rodrigues Photos)
D. Luís I Bridge
View of the city of Porto